Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bone Contusions, Pinched Nerves and Lost Ray Bans... This is Life

So... it's been quite a few days... and I don't give my sweet hubby enough public credit (because he doesn't want it)... but here goes.   I managed to knock a paint can off the laundry room counter on Saturday night.  Where did it land?  Right on top of my right foot, with no shoe on.  Yeah... Fun stuff. The foot I already broke many years ago! Stan had run to grab dinner for us and I had all of the little kids at home.  I sat in the laundry room floor and cried.  It hurt that bad.  The girls were totally unphased by it, but sweet Liam kept saying "It's ok, Mama... Stan be right back."  Even at his little age, he already knows that Stan can take care of most anything.  Flash forward to the next morning and we are all in the truck, headed to AppleCare.  I was so worried about him having to deal with all of the kids by himself.  Not that he can't handle it with ease, but trust me, if you've never been entrusted with two 4-year-old girls and a 2-year-old boy all at once, it's not for the faint of heart.  None of them are bad or unruly children by any means...in fact, quite the opposite. But together, they are a deadly and tiring threesome!  Haha!  Not once did Stan complain.  He took it all so calmly. They dropped me off at my request (I hobbled in with one shoe on-what a sight!) and I told him I would text him when I was almost done.  About an hour and a half later, they picked me back up, cute velcro surgical shoe and all.  Nevermind that he's been battling a pinched nerve in his neck for almost 2 weeks...He was there to help me now.  I cannot tell you how amazing that feels... to have that kind of support from your best friend.  Anyway, it was so swollen and bruised but they called it a severe bone contusion and possibly a hairline fracture.  No cast is needed, thank goodness.... Just time, ice and as much propping as possible.  We are quite a pair right now with our ice and our moans and groans... but we are still laughing through it and cracking "old" jokes about ourselves.  And I'm on him to follow up with the doctor again if his problems don't start getting better soon!

Last night, on my "birthday eve", pretty wrapped packages appeared on our bed... To explain this story better, flash back to Valentines Day.  We spent the day in Savannah, enjoying a date day.  Along the way, we made a stop at Toys R Us, where I managed to take my favorite Ray Bans off my head and sit them down.  STUPID!  I walk away, realize it 5 minutes later and go back to find them gone, of course.  Who turns in a $250 pair of sunglasses right?  After checking, with lost and found, I quickly realized they were gone.  I'm a sensitive person when it comes to stuff like that.  I rarely lose things and beat myself up when I do.  I just consider it careless and a huge waste of money!  For two weeks now I've worried over losing them, but with all the kids, their needs always come before my wants. I unwrapped this gift to find a brand new pair.  He had to go get Chris at The Sir Shop to help him figure out which ones they were and special order them because they were a different style than most people have.  He literally took his phone and they went through pictures of me in those sunglasses to figure it out.  If that's not love, I don't know what is!  The thought that went into that gift meant the world to me.  It wasn't just a run out and grab something kind of gift.  It took effort and time and a whole bunch of love.  I'm amazed daily by it.  I don't always show it probably and I certainly don't deserve it, but those things mean the world to me and I never want that to go unnoticed. I am so thankful for special days and surprises from a man who means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment