Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I've Got Some Catching Up To Do...

So.... Today is my birthday.  I want to thank everyone for all of the many birthday wishes I've received today through Facebook, email, text messages and other means.  My phone hasn't had this much activity in a while!  I have again neglected my blog, something I said I was really going to try to keep up with.  At any rate, I promise to do better in the future.  First and foremost, in case you somehow missed the obnoxiousness of my lovey dovey Facebook posts this past month or so, Stan and I were married on January 19 at my favorite place on the planet, Disney World.  We were married at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and it could not have been more perfect.  It was just the two of us...No crowd, no production... Just a beautifully intimate service on the beach of Disney's Bay Lake...just the way it should be.  (No worries... I attached a couple of pictures below!)  I really look back at the past year of my life and see the tremendous blessings that have unfolded. I am a lucky girl to have found someone so willing to not only love me, but to love my children as his own.  Our new blended family is taking shape and is doing GREAT.  I know many people hear the horror stories of the merging of two households, but I believe we have done it so smoothly and peacefully.  We are blessed that our kids have just merged into one collective unit.  They all show such love for each other.  Sure, they fuss sometimes...All kids that age do.  The girls in particular truly love spending time together and playing together... and being "princess sisters" and "mermaid sisters". They are quite a pair!  Liam is in his own little boy world, with Stan as his only ally.  Caitlin and Hope are in their own teenage world, so we have every spectrum covered. (No offense, girls.  Love you!) We have had a lot of love and support and we appreciate that more than I could ever express.  We have a lot of unusual circumstances to deal with in our day to day life, but we do it with as much grace, patience and love as we can muster.  I could not ask for a better person to spend my life with and have walking beside me always.  I don't get on Facebook and other social media like I used to (I don't really have time, unless it's to post a picture of the kids or something), so I rarely share things that are very personal.  This is kind of my opportunity to do so. Much love to you all and thanks again for all of the birthday wishes!  38 isn't too bad so far!  :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment