Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Meaning of "I Love You"



I've been thinking a lot about the meaning behind the words when we say "I love you".  I saw this today on a blog I was reading and it was just too good not to share.  True love is total acceptance of each other and the complete absence of wanting someone to change.  So often, people go into relationships thinking the other person is "nice enough" and think they can live with them if certain changes eventually take place. We don't change people.  It's a fact. My heart goes out to all people today who are in these types of relationships.  (My heart goes out to one person in particular... you know who you are).  Don't settle.  Don't let another person define who you are.  Don't let another person change you.  You will never be at peace if you do that.  Find someone you are compatible with.  Find someone that you can tell your innermost thoughts to without judgement.  Find someone who is honest.  If they will tell you the truth, good or bad, then they are probably a keeper.  Make sure all of those things are reciprocated back too.  And never waste these precious words on people who are just not worthy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment